It hurts my heart to see girlfriends of mine making choices that I see could potentially lead to disaster. A wrong attitude, an inward focus, a selfish heart, and an ego too big. But what can I do? I would do all I can to prevent these things from happening, especially without offending my friend. I have really been diving into spiritual warfare lately. I have found that I am able to not only fight for myself, but my friends and family, too! I composed this plan in the middle of the night, and even though there are names I am praying about, I am excited to watch God take those names down so I can pray for other things. Here is my plan:
- Christ led us into a new form of warfare far more effective than guns and tanks. We have weapons of grace, mercy, love, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. – Beth Moore
- Sisters: life is so much more than you wallow in!
- I pray that your will lines up with God’s, because Matthew 5:8 says, “Blessed be the pure of heart, for they will see the kingdom of God.”
- A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:13
- A good woman brings forth good things out of the good stored up in her, and an evil woman brings up evil things that are stored up in her. Matthew 12:35
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4
- The past should not be a place where we live, but something from which we learn. – Stormie Omartian
- Sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
- God is a Redeemer and a Restorer. He can redeem the past and restore what was lost.
- Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. Psalm 90:15
- We can never move out of the present into the future of what God has for us if we cling to the past.
- Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4
4 thoughts on “Battle Plan: attitudes and freedom from the past”
I love the line that life is more than we wallow in. We need to face the pain in our past in order to let it go, but it should not. E our whole story!
Exactly! Life has so much more for all of us. Be blessed, my friend. Thanks for stopping by!
Loved this! Thank you for ministering and interceding for your friends. That is powerful and the best gift you could ever give them! ❤
It’s way better than arguing with them about the way they live their lives. God’s way is always better! Thanks for stooping by! — Anna